Wednesday, November 11

A Homemade Christmas

I know it's early and I groan every.single.time I hear a Christmas song or see the fake tree displays at Hobby Lobby, but I really am quite excited for the Holidays this year!


Every year, I come up with grand ideas for the Christmas gifts I will make all my friends.

This year, it's going to happen. Matt and I have decided to try to make all of our gifts for others this year, and I am so excited to begin! I'll be posting little sneak peeks along the way : )

I'm also excited to decorate our apartment for our very first Christmas together (EEK!!!)

Wisecraft posted these lovely ideas made entirely out of things she found at Savers. I'm in love with the recycled sweater trees and the itty bitty terrarium place card holders.

Hubby and I have also decided to forgo the traditional Christmas tree. We want to avoid cutting one down and although I love the idea of buying one in a pot, they always die while waiting for the ground to get soft enough here to plant them (trust me, we tried multiple times when I was growing up).

Instead, we're going to forage for branches at my parent's and spray paint them white, then cement them in a yet-to-be-found vintage planter. Our place is tiny, so it won't be this big, but you get the idea:


(found via apartment therapy)

I'm also super excited for the First Annual Ornament Exchange hosted by the lovely Micaela over at Dolce Vita!! Eek again! It's my first ever swap, and I'm so excited to hand craft some loveliness for someone else's tree. There's still time to join, so hop on over and sign up!! What are you waiting for?!?!


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails