Sunday, March 14

Embroidery - Attempt #1

I spent the majority of this weekend curled up with Winslo on the chaise, sleeping, reading, sleeping, watching old 30 Rock episodes, and sleeping some more. I started coming down with something last week, and by Friday, I was in full-blown migraine and sinus pressure mode. Luckily, I had a sick day and the weekend to recover.

I braved the outside world by venturing to The Outlet for the first time on Saturday. It's this crazy awesome discount craft store - everything is 50 to 80 percent off. I'm in love!! I went a little embroidery crazy (it was all an extra 40 percent off). Check out my finds:
(hoops were 20 cents each)

(plastic organizer - $1.50, floss packs - 75 cents, needles for 20 cents. crazy!)

I've been wanting to try embroidery for some time now, so I grabbed Doodle Stitching by Aimee Ray from the library (it has awesome pictures describing each stitch technique).
And my first attempts:
The owl is my favorite, although he ended up a little lazy-eyed. I'm not the best free-hand drawer in the world.
I've decided to make a little woodland set for the bathroom, to match our new shower curtain! Thanks for your suggestions (and sympathy) on the bathroom situation. I think I've found a couple of ideas, and hopefully I'll be able to reveal the new and improved submarine soon!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails