Tuesday, October 19

Happy Dance


I found out yesterday afternoon that I got the job!!
(insert happy dance here)

I start on Monday - a fresh start, with what promises to be motivated co-workers in a center that focuses on eco-friendly practices. Cloth diapers, organic food, the whole nine yards. And I get to work with babies again! I really could not be more thrilled!

Thank you for all your encouragement and positive vibes. I am so thankful for each and every one of you!

The one downside to this new job is that I will have a 45 minute commute by bus to work, and the same return journey. I've been loving walking to work each day... but I'm getting really excited to do some serious bus reading... 45 minutes of uninterrupted reading?? Yes, please!

Speaking of reading, I've finished a couple decent books in the past week or two. They were both random books I grabbed off the new fiction shelf, and I was presently surprised that both were really good reads. Maybe I should deviate from my 'to read' list more often... 
The Girl Who Fell From the Sky by Heidi W. Durrow - I thought this book was fantastic... a tragic story told primarily from a young girl's point of view. Follows her after she survives a fall that kills her mother and two siblings as she grows and grapples with race, family, and womanhood. I could not put this down. 

The Marriage Buerau for Rich People by Farahad Zama. I loved this book, too. It was a very 'cute' story, simple and straight forward, which isn't usually my style. What I loved is that it really got into the culture of India, as well as toyed with the concept of good and bad matches. This would make the perfect airplane (or bus ride!) book.

Have you read anything new and exciting lately?? I'd love it if you'd share... I'll need lots to read starting next week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails