Wednesday, November 3

The rally that wasn't...

...so despite all my excitement and talk of going to the Rally to Restore Sanity, on Friday morning, I kissed Matt good-bye as he took off to D.C. without me. I stayed back because of the new job - as much as I wanted to go, I didn't think taking two days off my first week of work would be a great start.

My past few days have been working long hours training, enjoying a visit from my dear friend Ally, exploring our neighborhood in the midst of Halloween craziness, and catching (and conquering) a nasty bout of food poisoning/work-related bug. You know, the usual. 

I was pretty bummed out some of the time. 

Luckily, I have an awesome husband who takes great pictures and kept me posted through video/pictures/texts all weekend long, and I watched the Rally via the interwebs. 

He got back last night, and I was super excited to get my hands on the photos he took to share with all of you! These are a few of my favorites:

(do you see that lady behind matt, taking a cell phone picture of matt taking a picture?? creepy...)



 (how is it that this never gets old??)
(I have to admit I almost cried when Yusef Islam took the stage to sing Peace Train. I love him and his music so much, and it was the only time when I was sick to my stomach that I couldn't be at the rally. Besides when I got food poisoning the next day, of course!)

Anyways. Happy Wednesday! I'm finally getting in a bit of a groove with this whole 5 am wake up and new job deal, so hopefully I'll be a bit more present around these parts. I miss you guys!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails