Sunday, January 24

The Art of Listening

It's that time again - time for a new bestie post! I love this next word - so much so that I found some other things to share. 
(If you haven't seen our other posts, you can read about snort and create, and check out Angie's posts here.)

Angie and I both share a superhuman ability to talk. We can run our mouths about most anything, small or large, for what seems like an extreme amount of time. And it's awesome - because I love her stories and her view of things, and I know she appreciates mine.

But we also know when it's time to sit back and just listen. Because this word is so central to friendship - it's hard to have one without strong listening skills. And Angie is always there when I need to vent. We have shared so many experiences that often, she knows what I'll be talking about before I even get going. Yet she always lets me talk until the steam burns off and I've settled down.

Angie is also one of those people I feel comfortable just being with. We've spent countless hours sitting side by side, crafting away on projects, or hiking in the woods on letterboxing missions. It's just so nice to be with someone who understands you and knows you well enough to let you sit and be. Ya know what I mean??

I'm not sure what I'd do without my bestie to call up with good news and bad news. There is just nothing like an amazing girl to share your joys and sorrows - one who laughs and cries with you. One who listens. 

"Friends are those rare people who ask how we are and then wait to hear the answer."
-Ed Cunningham-



"Silences make the real conversations between friends. Not the saying but the never needing to say is what counts."
-Margaret Lee Runbeck-



"A friend is a person with whom I may be sincere. Before him I may think aloud.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson -
"I do not wish to treat friendships daintily, but with the roughest courage. When they are real, they are not glass threads or frost-work, but the solidest thing we know." 
-Ralph Waldo Emerson-

Don't forget to check out Angie's side of things. My favorite thing about these little best friend posts (besides getting to brag on my bestie) is seeing just how different our posts about each other turn out. So much fun!! Makes me all the more thankful for a beautiful and fun gal like her to call my very best friend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails