Monday, April 26

"Summer time, and the wind is blowin' outside..."

Last night, we went to see Third Eye Blind. Every song instantly transported me back to 16 years old, with the windows down in my best friend's jeep and the light filtering through the tree leaves as we travel through Northern Michigan.
They played all my favorite songs - including Motorcycle Drive By and God of Wine. And it reminded me of being young and in love with life and it's endless possibilities, and what it's like to find a song that embodies all that you feel at a particular moment.
I've seen some amazing artist who put on amazing shows. (Sigur Ros, Jeff Tweedy from Wilco, Jimmy Eat World, Ben Folds, Death Cab for Cutie, Sufjan Stevens, and Colin Hay have been some of my favorites).

 But last night - wow - the venue was the perfect size, the crowd sang along to every word, and I danced my little heart out (oh, and it's been brought to my attention that I dance exactly like Liz Lemon. More on that later...). But most of all, I remembered falling in love with music for the first time. 

What music always takes you back? 

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails