Thursday, July 1

a mini-trip

I am so stinkin' geeked to have given into my impatience and bought this book:
I've had it on hold at the library for pretty much ever...or maybe just a couple months. But I couldn't wait any longer. So I used a gift card, bought it online on Friday night, and it was here waiting for me when I got home from work yesterday. Eeek! 

If you haven't read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo or The Girl who Played with Fire, DO IT. Now. So stinkin' good. 

And I'm so excited to have a mini-road trip/train ride to begin devouring it during. Because this morning, we are heading back to Chicago for an over-night stay.
Funny story about this trip. A couple weeks ago, Matt was booking a hotel in Chicago for us for a particularly long interview day. We decided to go with a fancy hotel that was well in our price range, thanks to hotwire.com. 

And then he turned to me and said, "I just got it for the wrong day." I whipped my head out of my book lickety-split and said, "Whaaaa...?" to find him grinning at me. Joking around. Ha ha.

Then he turned back to the computer. Silently. And said, "Um... I really did book it for the wrong day. On accident."

Anyway, hotwire.com does NOT have a cancelation policy. You book it, you buy it.
Needless to say, we decided to take advantage of the room for a little pre-anniversary get away. And a little apartment hunting. And a little obsessive reading of a really good book.... I mean, hanging out with my husband, of course!!

I'm super stoked to have two days to just be together, exploring what will (fingers crossed) be our home by the end of the summer. Yay!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails