Thursday, October 7


Sometimes I'm amazed by how quickly life moves by. I think it's true that as you get older, the years get shorter. And even when we try with all of our might to slow things down, to focus on each moment, time still seems to whiz right on by. 

Lately, I find myself stressing out about whether or not I'm soaking up enough of life each day. And I worry that I'm not living enough each day. Like I have some weird pressure to live live LIVE and go go GO because I might run out of time to do everything I'm supposed to do in this life.  

And then I remember that maybe I feel this way because for the past year and a half, I've been constantly  working toward the next thing that is supposed to happen in life. Like this:
Finish Grad School! 
Plan a wedding!
Get a teaching job!
Survive first year of said job!
Move away from the only city I've ever lived in!
And, Find another job to replace the job I left behind!!

I'm having trouble sitting back and letting myself enjoy this non-transitional time. 

I've arrived at where I was going. And it's time to sit back, relax, and enjoy the scenery. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails